One of only 436 Porsche 356 Carrera 2 build between 1962-1965. First registration in 1962 in France. In 1982 the car went to Germany, where it was used also in racing events. Engine was upgraded with competion parts used in 904 racers, to about 150 bhp. Brakes are upgraded to 356 C model disk brakes. In 1997 the car was completely renovated by a well known German restorer Harald Hackenberg. The car was painted to its original Slate Gray color and it got a new red interior. Then the car was sold again back to France. In 2013 the car was completely overhouled, repainted and it got back its original light braun interior. This car has very colorfull history which is well documented in a extensive history file. The car is now in perfect condition and in Finnish Veteran Vehicle Register with FIVA passport.
The four cylinder “Fuhrmann” engines were built between 1954 and 1965. The first versions (547) were 1500 – 1600 cc engines developing 100bhp-164bhp and were used in Porsche racing cars e.g 550 in the period. The ultimate version of this 4 cam, twin plug engine was two liter 587 engine developing 130hp -192bhp. A 904 GTS equipped with this engine won the Targa Florio in 1964 and finished second in the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally.
Model Year: 1963
Engine: Boxer 4, 4-cam, twin plug – 1966 cc
Engine Power: 130 BHP, 97KW/6200 rpm,
Color: Slate Gray
Engine Type: Boxer 4, 4-cam, twin plug – 1966 cc
Factory Weight: 1010 kg
Top Speed: > 200 km/h