One of only 436 Porsche 356 Carrera 2 build between 1962-1965. First registration in 1962 in France. Complete chassi change after an accident in 1964. In 1982 the car went to Germany, where it was used also in racing events. Engine was upgraded with 904 cylinders and pistons and Weber 48 carburetors .The engine gives now about 150 bhp. Brakes are upgraded to 356 C model disk brakes. In 1997 the car was completely renovated by a well known German restorer Harald Hackenberg and Porsche factory. The car was painted to its original Slate Gray color and it got a new red interior. Then the car was sold again back to France. In 2013 the car was completely overhouled, repainted and it got back its original light braun interior. This car has very colourful history which is well documented in a extensive history file. The engine has been completely rebuild in 2021 by the well known Fuhrmann engine specialist Karl Hloch in Germany. The car is now in perfect condition and in Finnish Veteran Vehicle Register with FIVA passport.
FUHRMANN 587 1966 CC 4-CAM ENGINE
The four cylinder “Fuhrmann” engines were built between 1954 and 1965. The first versions (547) were 1500 – 1600 cc engines developing 100bhp-164bhp and were used in Porsche racing cars e.g 550 in the period. The ultimate version of this 4 cam, twin plug engine was two liter 587 engine developing 130hp -192bhp. A 904 GTS equipped with this engine won the Targa Florio in 1964 and finished second in the 1965 Monte Carlo Rally.